It was exciting when I learned that our baby is now able to hear us from inside the womb! Becky and I have been trying to talk more to the baby so that he/she can learn our voices a little before he/she is born. It’s also time to start playing some music for the baby! I’ve been meaning to make a mix CD for the baby to listen to for awhile now. Yesterday I finally got the chance to sit down and do it!
I wanted to give the baby some music that wouldn’t be too loud or aggressive sounding. I also wanted the mix to be a journey of sorts for the baby to listen to. I wanted to start with some “waking up” songs to get the baby’s attention. Then, progress through the set and finally end with some songs to help the baby fall back to sleep. I wanted the songs to tell the baby how much we love him/her and also how much God loves him/her. I also wanted to highlight some bands that I think are worthy of our baby’s attention when he/she gets older – some classics and some smaller bands that Becky and I really like.
So here’s the tracklisting for the baby’s first mix!
1. Welcome – Waterdeep
2. Wake Up, Baby – Waterdeep
3. Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
4. You Are the Sunshine of My Life – Stevie Wonder
5. Baptize My Mind – Jon Foreman
6. Go Tell It On the Mountain – Simon & Garfunkel
7. The Friendly Beasts – Sufjan Stevens
8. In My Life – The Beatles
9. Love Song for a Savior – Jars of Clay
10. Northern Sky – Nick Drake
11. Easy Baby – Waterdeep
12. Blackbird – The Beatles
13. Vito’s Ordination Song – Sufjan Stevens
14. My Aurora – Rocket Science
15. She Lost Feeling in the Ends of Her Fingers – Linford Detweiler
16. Blue in Green – Miles Davis
17. Samskeyti – Sigur Ros
18. The World Out My Window – Aristotle’s Lantern
Hopefully the baby will enjoy this hour long mix before and after birth. I’m sure I’ll be crafting a few more too. Baby’s got to learn what good music sounds like!