How many times has this happened to you? You’re throwing a Halloween Party and you have to provide some music for the people. You’re wracking your brain trying to think of “Halloween Songs” and all you can come up with is…. Monster Mash. Seriously. That’s the only “Halloween Song” you’re pretty sure will work. Unfortunately, the fact remains that that song is terrible and no one really likes it anymore. So what will you play at the party?
Have no fear! We here at SiW have concocted a brew of chilling and off-the-beaten-path songs to blast at your party! It’s an eclectic mix (Reality Check alongside Cursive?!?) and every cut has some sort of spooky quality to it, whether it’s the instrumentation, the title or the band name. These 16 tracks are sure to send a shiver down your spine this weekend.
1. The Servant – Cells (Instrumental Version)
2. Cursive – Harold Weathervein
3. Reality Check – Masquerade
4. Sufjan Stevens – They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From the Dead!! Ahhhh!
5. Ra Ra Riot – Ghost Under Rocks
6. Air – Dead Bodies
7. Vampire Weekend – I Stand Corrected
8. Fitzgerald – Bloody Stumps
9. TV on the Radio – Wolf Like Me
10. John Lennon – Scared
11. Radiohead – The Trickster
12. M83 – Graveyard Girl
13. Death Cab for Cutie – Death Scream
14. Lovedrug – Candy
15. Halloween, Alaska – I Can’t Live Without My Radio
I’d love to hear feedback on what you think of the mix! What’s your favorite track?
Have a happy and safe Halloween!